If you’ve been infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), then you need to pay special attention to keeping your immune system strong and healthy. Making improvements in your diet can improve your health and how well you feel. Here are few food and healthy tips that may help .
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables (5 to 6 servings a day).
- Eat more staple foods such as rice, maize, wheat, bread and yams
- Pay Attention to Your Oral Health
- Select healthier fats, in moderate servings, like olive oil and nuts.
- Find Ways to Reduce Stress (yoga, meditation, exercise, and counseling)
- Limit sugar, sweets, and saturated fats.
- Take Your Medication on Time
- Avoid eating raw eggs, meats or seafood
- Drink lot of water because liquids is very important when you have HIV.
- Always try eating cooked food and soft foods such as oatmeal, yogurt and mashed potatoes.
- Do not eat spicy foods.
So these are the healthy food tips live longer and stay healthy posted by Hiv4LIFE Team.